Directions for use:
- Mix the contents with 1l of bottled water. Use a blender / whisk / fork to blend together well
- Add contents to modified jar, we recommend 500l per 1l jar so as not to overfill.
- Add a marble or broken glass into the jat to healp break up the mycelium
- Tighten the jar lid then loosen by 90degrees so the pressure can escape from the lid rather than through the syringe filter.
- Wrap tin foil over the lid
- Cook for 22 minutes at 15psi / 121c
- You must let the pressure release slowly or the LC will boil over.
- Remove from pressure cooker and tighten lid
- When cool inoculate with LC syringe
- Swirl the LC each day to try break apart the growing mycelium, try not get the filter wet each time you do this.
- After about 3 weeks it should be ready
- Test out the Liquid Culture on the MEA plates provided by withdrawing some from the bottle using the syringe and adding a few drops to the plate ( about 0.25 ml ) wrap the MEA plate with parafilm after.
- You should see healthy white mycelium on the plate within 1 week
Tips on using LC:
- Try keep the filter dry as much as possible.
- Wipe the injection port with alcohol before each extraction, I like to wipe down the whole bottle before using each time.
- Don’t overfill the bottle or you will get the filter wet each time you use it.
- Do not tighten lid before cooking, the changes in pressure can break the syringe filter